STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Route 66 Park to Shaw Arboretum
July 12 @ 7:00 am
Starting Location: Route 66 State Park
Meeting time: 6:45 am
Time of Departure: 7:00 am
Description: We are venturing on the acclaimed Route 66 for a fairly flat ride with a few hills out through Eureka and Pacific. Ride about 36 miles to the Arboretum with options for additional mileage or less.
- 11 mile flat ride to Eureka and back
- 15 miles to Allenton and back
- 26 mile ride to Pacific (a few hills) and back
- 36 miles to the Arboretum and back.
- Leader would like to go to the Arboretum.
- There is an additional extreme 7 mile option.
Directions: Meet at the Route 66 State Park. MoDOT has permanently closed the Old Route 66 Bridge Bridge between the east and west halves of Route 66 State Park. SEE NEW DIRECTIONS BELOW!
- West on I-44 to the Eureka exit (Exit # 264)
- Left or south on Hwy 109 (Hwy W) cross under I-44 and immediately turn left onto the entrance ramp for eastbound I-44
- Once you’re on eastbound I-44, take the very next exit for Williams Rd. (exit # 265)
- Then take an immediate left on the south outer road
- Follow the outer road east then turn left and cross under the two Meramec River bridges
- Continue until the T intersection with the main park road
- turn right and go a short distance (0.2 mi) to the parking lot with restroom.
Cue Sheet: Route 66 Park to Shaw Arboretum
Experience Level: 3Ba and 3Bb
Stops: Rest stops at Main and Wengler near Allenton, Pacific Community Park, and Shaw Arboretum
Road Hazards: Descend Sullivan carefully (steep). There is some traffic on Old Route 66 but there is a wide rideable shoulder. Caution on RR tracks entering Pacific
Ride Leader: Faye Holdenried 636-399-4604 If you have any questions regarding this ride, please contact us at email@example.com,
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!