Posting the Ride
For insurance purposes, all STLRC Club Rides must be posted on our Ride Calendar as proof that the ride took place under our organization. In case of an impromptu ride that cannot be posted before the ride takes place, you must forward the ride information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the ride will still be posted as a record that it took place.
Complete the following tasks when posting your ride to the Ride Calendar:
- Provide a legible map or cue sheet to email@example.com ASAP, preferably before advertising a ride, so that our team is aware of the ride well in advance
- Be sure to include your phone number and email address with this submission, as well as emergency contacts for yourself
- Refer to the Ride Calendar from previous years on details about your ride.
- Refer to the Posting a STLRC Ride pdf document for instructions on how to properly advertise your ride
- Inform yourself of both state and local cycling laws for the area the ride is planned at
- Ensure the starting point has ample parking and is accessible to the public
- If the ride begins on private property, ask permission before proceeding with the ride
- Accurately classify and promote your ride with the proper skill level and categories explained in the pdf
- If you ever need to cancel a ride, please type Canceled next to your ride title on the calendar. No need to put the reason.