STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Glen Carbon to Hamel
September 19 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
Starting Location: Miner Park, 192 S Main, Glen Carbon, Illinois
Meeting time: 8:45 am
Time of Departure: 9:00 am
Description: We will ride 30 miles on the Heritage, Nature, Goshen, Nickleplate and Quercus Grove Trails from Glen Carbon to Hamel, Illinois, a pleasant flat ride through the countryside.
- East on I-64 crossing the Mississippi River on the Poplar St. Bridge where I-55, I-44 and I-70 converge entering Illinois
After 3 miles
- Keep left to continue on I-55 for 6.6 miles
- Use right 2 lanes to take exit toward I-255N/I-270 continue for 4.5 miles
- Right on exit 29 for IL-162 toward Glen Carbon for
- Turn left onto IL-157 for 0.1 mile
- Turn right onto W. Main St. for 1 mile
- Turn left on Collinsville Rd continue for 0.2 miles to Miner Park
- At the JB Bridge, head east on I-255 over the JB Bridge.
- Stay on I-255 to right on exit 29 toward Glen Carbon/Granite City.
- Turn right on Hwy 162 east.
- Turn left on Hwy Hwy 157.
- Turn right on Main Street.
- Turn left on Collinsville.
- Follow the road past the library to Miner Park.
Use your GPS and enter 192 S. Main (Miner Park) Pass the Library lot and continue up to Miner Park.
Cue Sheet: Glen Carbon to Hamel
USB wire transfer Navigation .fit files: 30.3 mile.fit file
For Smartphone RidewithGPS Transfer: RidewithGPS file for 30.5 mile route
Experience Level: 3Aabc
Restrooms: Start of ride in Miner Park and gas station in Hamel
Rest Stop: Shell Food Mart
Lunch: We will eat in Hamel at the Wooden Nickel on Main in Glen Carbon at the end of the ride.
Road Hazards: Take care when crossing streets with traffic.
Weather Considerations: Ride will be canceled if there is a good chance of inclement weather during the ride. Please watch the weather forecasts and radar. Always view the website the morning of the ride in case of cancellation and for a cue sheet.
Ride Leader: Faye Holdenried 636-399-4604
Share This Event, Choose Your Platform!
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!