STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Shaw Nature HIKE CANCELED
November 19 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Shaw Nature Reserve HIKE
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
Starting Location: Visitors’ Center at Entrance to Shaw Nature Summit, MO
Meeting time: 9:15 am
Time of Departure: 9:30 am
Description: We will hike some of the Reserve’s 17-mile trail system through a variety of habitats including prairie, glades, and woodlands along gravel roads and dirt paths down to the Meramec River and back for approximately 4 miles. Rest rooms available.
- I-44 west of I-270, Hwy-100/Gray Summit Exit #253
- Left on Hwy 100 over bridge
- Right on South Outer Rd / Old Hwy 100
- Left into Reserve.
Experience Level: EASY TO MODERATE with some steep port
Hazards: Be watchful of rocks and roots under leaves.
- Hiking boots or shoes and hiking poles are advised.
- Please bring snack/water in a day pack as we will stop in route.$3 entrance fee for Seniors. Free for Garden members. Bring your membership card.
- No dogs allowed
Hike Leader: Faye Holdenried 636-399-4604
Share This Event, Choose Your Platform!
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!