STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
MetroBikeLink Fairview Heights
June 1 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
Starting Location: Fairview Heights MetroLink Station, 9720 IL-161, Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Meeting time: 8:30 am
Time of Departure: 9:00 am
Description: Ride the MetroBikeLink and Orchard Trails to Eckert’s Orchard and back. The ride is 25 miles with a few steep, but short hills. Optional ride to Scott AFB for 32 miles.
Directions from St. Louis:
- Cross the Mississippi River on the Poplar St. Bridge (Interstates 64, 55, 70) Or I-255 into Illinois.
- Take I-64 towards Louisville
- Exit 9 to Hwy 157 Caseyville
- Turn Right onto Hwy 157 (should see a Cracker Barrel Restaurant).
- Go about one mile and turn Right towards Fairview Hgts/St. Clair Ave.
- Turn Left the T-intersection at the bottom of the ramp towards Hwy 161
- Make the first Right into the parking lot.
- Meet in Row F at the back of the lot.
- You could also use the Metrolink to get there for $2.50 each way
Restrooms: None near the Metrolink station. You might want to stop in at one of the restaurants or gas stations on Hwy 157. There will be a restroom six miles into the ride.
Experience Level: 3Ca
Stops: Rest/Food break (12 miles) at Eckert’s Orchard. There’s a coffee shop across from the Scott AFB Aircraft Park.
Weather Considerations: Ride will be canceled if there is a good chance of inclement weather during the ride. Please watch the weather forecasts and radar. Always view the website the morning of the ride in case of cancellation due to weather.
Ride Coordinator: Jerry Whittle, contact: 618-977-4296. firstname.lastname@example.org
Share This Event, Choose Your Platform!
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!