STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Lone Elk Park HIKE non-club event
November 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Lone Elk Park HIKE
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
This is a non-club event.
Starting Location: Lone Elk Park, White Bison Trailhead near the Visitor Center
Meeting time: 9:15 am
Time of Departure: 9:30 am
Description: Hike is about 4 miles, Terrain is hilly and rough, earth and rock
- Take I-44 west of I-270 Take Exit #272 towards Hwy 141
- Keep right, following signs for N Outer Road.
- At the 1st roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the North Outer Service Road (the 1st exit is Buder Park)
- At the 2nd roundabout, take the 1st exit staying on the Outer Service Road going west.
- Continue to Lone Elk Park Road
- Right on Lone Elk Park Road passing the Wild Bird Sanctuary on your right.
- Left into the park (tower on your left, and cattle guard crossing)
- At the V, keep left, continuing counter clockwise, following the main road around the lake to the White Bison Trailhead by the Visitor Center.
Experience Level: DIFFICULT
Stops: As needed to regroup and/or rest.
Hazards: Keep your distance from the elk. Vere off path if necessary. Care must be taken when walking on trails with heavy leaf coverage for holes, rocks and/or roots.
Other: Hiking boots and sticks are advised. Restrooms open at Visitor Center.
Hike Leader: Deedie Cote 314-324-8763
Share This Event, Choose Your Platform!
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!