STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Columbia to New Valmeyer
November 23 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
Starting Location: Schnucks Market Place Columbia, IL
Time of Departure: 9:30AM
Description: Riding through the rolling back roads to visit New Valmeyer, IL. Ride Leader plans to ride the 41.1 mile route.
Ride Leader Expectations – 14+mph avg. with 1300+’ of climbing elevation.
Special Considerations during this time:
- It will be cooler out so dress warmly.
- From I-55 and I-255 in South St. Louis County go 6.0 miles southeast across the Jefferson Barracks Bridge on I-255.
- Exit IL Hwy 3 South, go 2.2 miles and turn right on Veterans Parkway @ McDonald’s.
- Go 0.1 mile and turn left on Columbia Center just past Regions Bank.
- Turn right into the Schnucks MarketPlace parking lot.
Cue Sheet: Columbia to New Valmeyer 41-44
Experience Level: 4Cc
Stops: Rest/Food stop in New Valmeyer at the Mike’s Service Convenience store Cedar Bluff & Meyer Roads.
Road Hazards: Dress very warmly. Temps are staying in the 40s to low 50s with a wind chill.
Weather Considerations: The ride will be canceled if: It’s raining or there is a high percentage prediction of rain/snow, too cold or high winds.
Please watch the weather forecasts and radar. Check the website for any corrections or cancellations before you leave home.
Ride Leader: Rick Schuchet 314-583-1664
Share This Event, Choose Your Platform!
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!