STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Waterloo to New Athens
December 2, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
Starting Location: Waterloo, IL Walmart parking lot
Time of Departure: 9:30 AM
Description: Taking a nice ride to New Athens, Illinois and back. Options for 47 to 52 miles.
Special Considerations during this time:
- Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Bring mask to wear if requested
- Stay home if you feel ill or have been exposed to Coronavirus.
- Stay home if you don’t feel comfortable being with other members.
- I-270/255 SE across the JB Bridge.
- Go right at Exit #6 towards Columbia/Hwy 3 south.
- Go for 9.1 miles to HH Road.
- Turn right on HH towards Walmart.
- Turn left at first street and then right into Walmart parking lot.
Cue Sheet: Waterloo to New Athens
Experience Level: 4Cb and 4Cc
Stops: New Athens stop – Casey’s on New Baldwin and Old Ballwin. Smithton stop is Casey’s on Main St.
Road Hazards: Chip seal here and there.
Weather Considerations: The ride will be cancelled if it’s raining at the start, excessively windy, or if a large weather front is moving in. We won’t start in the rain. Please watch the weather forecasts and radar. Check the website for any corrections or cancellations before you leave home. Contact ride leader with questions.
Ride Leader: Joe Kruchowski 314-766-0646
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!