STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Glen Carbon to St. Jacob and Marine 44
February 5 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
All rides are free for St. Louis Recreational Cyclists members. Non-members must join by their second ride.
For the safety and enjoyment of Participants the ride leaders have the responsibility to request riders not in compliance with club guidelines to leave the group.
Starting Location: Miner Park in Glen Carbon, IL
Time of Departure: 9:00 AM
Description: Riding on a combination of MCT paved trails and roads (~40%/60%) to St. Jacob and then on to Marine. Returning on a combination MCT trails and roads.
Restrooms at the start: Available at Miner Park
Ride Leader’s Expectations: Final Speed: 14-15 mph average. Sometimes we cruise between 16-18 mph. Distance – 44.2 miles. No short route. Climbing Elevation: 1176′ of climbing. Riding time: Approx. 3.5 hours, time on course 4 hours.
2nd Flight: If anyone else wants to lead a 2nd flight at a faster pace on this ride, please contact the ride leader.
- From the Poplar St Bridge:
- East on I-64 crossing the Mississippi River on the Poplar St. Bridge where I-55, I-44 and I-70 converge entering Illinois
- After 3 miles, keep left to continue on I-55 for 6.6 miles
- Use right 2 lanes to take exit toward I-255N/I-270 continue for 4.5 miles
- Right on exit 29 for IL-162 toward Glen Carbon for 2 miles
- Turn left onto IL-157 for 0.1 mile
- Turn right onto W. Main St. for 1 mile
- Turn left on Collinsville Rd continue for 0.2 miles to Miner Park
OR: Taking the JB Bridge:
- At the JB Bridge, head east on I-255 over the JB Bridge.
- Stay on I-255 to right on exit 29 toward Glen Carbon/Granite City.
- Turn right on Hwy 162 east.
- Turn left on Hwy Hwy 157.
- Turn right on Main Street.
- Turn left on Collinsville.
- Follow the road past the library to Miner Park.
Cue Sheet: Miner Park to St. Jacob and Marine 44
Please print a copy if you want one. Ride Leader has minimal copies. All participants are expected to bring either the cue sheet, a cycling computer with the ride’s Navigation files and/or Smartphone with GPS link. If unable to, speak to the Leader before the start.
For USB cable Transfer Navigation .fit File: 44 mile route.fit
Experience Level: 4Bc
Stops: Several to regroup. Porta-Potties at several locations along the MCT. Options for Rest/Food in St. Jacob and in Marine.
Weather and Other Considerations: The ride will be canceled if it’s raining at the start time, too windy, too hot or if the forecast looks sketchy. Please watch the weather forecasts and radar. No fresh seal and chip work expected but it’s is always possible. Be prepared to slow down on loose gravel.
Ride Leaders: Granville White 314 581-2458
Share This Event, Choose Your Platform!
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!