STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Valmeyer and Beyond
June 10 @ 9:00 am
Starting Location: Old Valmeyer City Park
Meeting time: 8:45 am
Time of Departure: 9:00 am
This is a mostly flat ride to Prairie du Rocher and back via Fort de Chartes.(approx. 42 miles round trip).
- 1-27/255 SE across the JB Bridge.
- Exit Columbia /Hwy passing the Marketplace to Valmeyer Road.
- Right on Valmeyer to Bluff Road.
- Left on Bluff Road into Old Valmeyer.
- Left on Margraphics Road into City Park.
- The park is approximately 15 minutes past the Market Place in Columbia.
- If you get to Hwy. 156, you have passed Margraphics.Cue Sheet: Cue Sheet
Experience Level: 4Aa
Special Considerations during this time:
- USE PHYSICAL DISTANCING. THIS IS EXPECTED. MOST EXPERTS SUGGEST 6 FEET. MCT TRAILS REQUESTS 20 FEET.
- BRING A MASK AND USE IT IF THE GROUP FEELS IT’S NECESSARY.
- OBEY APPROPRIATE RESTRICTIONS PER CDC AND LOCAL GOVERNING BODIES FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.
- DO NOT ATTEND A RIDE IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE OR UNCOMFORTABLE OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO THE VIRUS.
- Stops: Prairie du Rocher and Fort du Chartres No restrooms available.
Lunch in Prairie du Rocher. Bring a sandwich to eat in the park, or buy a sandwich at the local grocery store, or eat outdoors at Lisa’s restaurant. Restrooms available if you eat at Lisa’s. There may be a portapotty at Fort de Chartes. Leader will bring a sandwich. Safer and quicker.
Ride Leader: If you have any questions regarding this ride, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
or refer to our members only area if you are an existing member for the leader’s contact information.
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!