STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
St. Peters to Old Monroe
October 7 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Starting Location: State commuter parking lot on the north side of I-70 at the St. Peters exit (exit #222).
Time of Departure: 8:00 AM
Description: Going to Old Monroe over the Old Monroe bridge that’s been inaccessible for a long time. Options for 41 to 46 miles.
Special Considerations during this time:
- Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Bring mask to wear if requested
- Stay home if you feel ill or have been exposed to the Coronavirus.
- Don’t come if you feel you would be exposed to Covid-19 by STLRC riders.
- Take I-70 W to Exit #222 .
- Use the middle lane to turn right onto Mid Rivers Mall Drive.
- Quick Left turn (at signal) on Main Street.
- Turn left into commuter parking lot across from QuikTrip.
Cue Sheet: St. Peters to Old Monroe
Experience Level: 4Cb and 4Cc
Stops: Rest / Food stop in Old Monroe at the Phillips Fast Lane Convenience Store.
Road Hazards: The bridge on Old Hwy 79 across the Quiver River in Old Monroe is accessible but there are barriers at each end with narrow gaps. You must dismount to get through. You’ll be able to ride over the bridge and then there is another narrow gap to get through. Be careful.
Weather Considerations: Looks like a warm day so dress accordingly. Ride will be cancelled if raining or high winds at start time. We won’t start in the rain. Please watch the weather forecasts and radar. Contact ride leader with questions.
Ride Leader: Joe Kruchowski 314-766-0646
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!