STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
St. Jacob – Marine MCT – (Time Change)
May 19 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
Starting Location: Metro East Park and Recreation District Office. 104 United Drive. Collinsville, IL 62234
Time of Departure: 8:00AM
Description: Riding to St. Jacob and then onto Marine. Return on a combination trail and road.
Restrooms at the start: Available behind MEPRC Building.
Ride Leader’s Expectations: Final Speed: 14-14.5 mph Average. Sometimes we cruise between 16-20 mph. Drafting – There will be drafting on this ride. Distance – 49.1 miles. No short route. Climbing Elevation: 1465′ of climbing. Riding time: Approx. 4 hours, time on course 4.5 hours.
2nd Flight: Faye Holdenried is leading a 2nd Flight at approx. 12 mph average. Optional stop at Marine Diner for lunch mile 29.
From I-255 South:
- Cross the JB Bridge on I-255, head North approx. 22.5 miles
- Take the Horseshoe Lake Road exit (exit #26).
- Turn Left (East) on Horseshoe Lake Road for 0.6 miles.
- Turn right on Freedom Drive, and then turn left, at the tee, on United Dr. (unmarked) to the Metro East Park and Recreation parking lot, directly behind Culver’s restaurant.
From I-70 East:
- exit at IL Route 157 (exit #11- Collinsville).
- North on Rt. 157 for 0.5 miles.
- Left on United Drive (the road just before Culver’s)
- Right into the Metro East Park and Recreation parking lot.
Cue Sheet: MCT Trailhead to St. Jacob & Marine (Please bring a copy if you want one)
Navigation .Fit file: MCTStJacobMarine50
Experience Level: 4Bc
Stops: Several to regroup. Restrooms at Drost Park if needed. Options for Rest/Food in St. Jacob and in Marine.
Weather Considerations: Ride will be canceled if raining at start time, too windy or the forecast looks sketchy. Please watch the weather forecasts and radar.
Ride Leaders: Joe Kruchowski 314-766-0646 Sharon Kruchowski 314-229-0705
Share This Event, Choose Your Platform!
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!