STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Simpson Park Hike
October 20, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Starting Location: Simpson Lake, Valley Park, MO
Meeting time: 8:45 am
Time of Departure: 9:00am
Description: We will hike the Greentree Park to Arnold’s Grove Park Trail which is a flat hike (around 3+ miles) Since this is an in and out hike, you can go further or return sooner.
GRG Greentree Park to Arnold’s Grove Park Trail: Meet in the parking lot for Simpson County Park.
- From I-270 South exit at Big Bend (Exit #7).
- At top of ramp, turn left (east) and go 0.5 mi to Marshall Rd.
- Turn right on Marshall and go 2.1 mi to Simpson County Park entrance on your right. Continue on park road for 0.2 mi to parking lot adjacent to Simpson Lake. Dogs on leash OK.
- I-270 North has no exit at Big Bend.
- Continue north on I-270 to Dougherty Ferry Rd.(Exit #8).
- At top of ramp turn left, cross over I-270 and immediately take the southbound ramp onto I-270 South.
- Follow directions above for I-270 South.
- From Mo. Hwy 141 North or South turn east on Marshall Rd (first intersection north of Meramec River in Valley Park).
- Go 0.1 mi, cross R.R. tracks then immediately turn left on Beckett Memorial Dr.
- Go one block and turn right on St. Louis Ave which becomes Marshall Rd. and go 1.4 mi to Simpson Park entrance on your left.
Experience Level: Since this is a flat in and out hike, this hike is appropriate for all levels of ability.
Stops: Restrooms may not be open.
Toilets available at start of hike. Trail is paved and flat, Might see a little mud. It’s wet.
Special Considerations during this time:
- Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Bring mask to wear if requested
- Stay home if you feel ill or have been exposed to the Coronavirus.
Ride Leader: Faye Holdenried. 636-399-4604
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!