STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
August 20 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
Starting Location: Waterloo, IL Walmart parking lot
Time of Departure: 7:00 AM Departing early to lessen the temperature effects.
Description: Scenic southern Illinois 49 mile ride with lots of small rollers and about 1895′ of climbing.
Special Considerations during this time:
- Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Bring mask to wear if requested
- Stay home if you feel ill or have been exposed to Coronavirus.
- I-270/255 SE across the JB Bridge.
- Go right at Exit #6 towards Columbia/Hwy 3 south.
- Go for 9.1 miles to HH Road.
- Turn right on HH towards Walmart.
- Turn left at first street and then right into Walmart parking lot.
Cue Sheet: Redbud Rendezvous
Experience Level: 4Cb and 4Cc
Stops: Casey’s on Hwy. 3 in Red Bud
Road Hazards: Temperatures are increasing so be sure to hydrate the day before. Bring 2 bottles of electrolyte drinks and snacks along on the ride. Rest stop is at 28 miles so plan accordingly.
Weather Considerations: The ride will be canceled and rescheduled if: It’s raining at the start location at departing time or if a large weather front is moving in. We won’t start in the rain. Please watch the weather forecasts and radar. Check the website for any corrections or cancellations before you leave home. Contact ride leader with questions.
Ride Leader: Joe Kruchowski 314-766-0646
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!