STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Powder Valley HIKE NON CLUB EVENT
January 24 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Hikes are a non-club activity, not hosted or sponsored by STLRC. Hike at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.Starting Location:
Meeting Location: Powder Valley Conservation Nature Center, 11715 Cragwold Rd. Kirkwood, MO
Meeting time: 9:45 am
Time of Departure: 10:00 am
Description: Hike three trails, all paved, with some hills. 2.4 miles but it feels like a lot more. Options are to walk or drive to Emmenegger Park (the lower and flat sections shouldn’t be muddy–mulched paths) and/or walk the new Fenton Greenway Trailhead, walking on a paved path along the Meramec River starting at the entrance across Emmenegger Park. The Nature Center is also interesting to visit at Powder Valley.
- On I-44, take the S. Lindbergh Blvd exit south .50 mile
- Right (west) onto Watson Rd
- Right (north) onto Geyer Road to Cragwold Road just past the I-44 overpass.
- Left on Cragwold watching for Powder Valley signs.
- Right into Powder Valley. Meet in front of the Nature Center building.
- Restrooms: at the Nature Center. Each of the three hikes start there so there are many restroom opportunities.
- Other: Heated restrooms available at Emmenegger Park. Several lunch spots nearby in Sunset Hills, MO
- Experience Level: Easy and Moderate (some hills) Hiking poles could be helpful for going up the hills.
- Contact Person: Faye Holdenried 636-399-4604
Share This Event, Choose Your Platform!
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!