STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Old Valmeyer and Beyond
May 25 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
Starting Location: Old Valmeyer City Park
Meeting time: 8:45 am
Time of Departure: 9:00 am
This is a mostly flat ride to Prairie du Rocher and back via Fort de Chartes.(approx. 42 miles round trip). Please check website the morning of ride for possible changes. They would be noted in the title of the ride.
- 1-27/255 SE across the JB Bridge.
- Exit Columbia /Hwy passing the Marketplace to Valmeyer Road.
- Right on Valmeyer to Bluff Road.
- Left on Bluff Road into Old Valmeyer.
- Left on Margraphics Road into City Park.
- The park is approximately 15 minutes past the Market Place in Columbia.
- If you get to Hwy. 156, you have passed Margraphics.
- Cue Sheet: Old Valmeyer – Prairie Du Rocher
Experience Level: 4Aa
Special Considerations during this time:
- USE PHYSICAL DISTANCING. THIS IS EXPECTED. MOST EXPERTS SUGGEST 6 FEET. MCT TRAILS REQUESTS 20 FEET.
- BRING A MASK IN CASE ONE IS REQUIRED WHEN NOT RIDING.
- OBEY APPROPRATE RESTRICTIONS PER CDC AND LOCAL GOVERNING BODIES.
- DO NOT ATTEND A RIDE IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE OR UNCOMFORTABLE OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO THE VIRUS.
- Stops: Prairie du Rocher and Fort du Chartres Restrooms might be available in parks at Old Valmeyer and Prairie du Rocher. Lunch in Prairie du Rocher. Lunch options: Bring a sandwich or buy a great one at the grocery store to eat in the park, or eat outdoors at Lisa’s restaurant (restrooms for diners) if we don’t arrive too early. Restrooms may be available at the park in Prairie due Rocher. There may be a portapotty at Fort de Chartres.
Ride Leader: Faye Holdenried 636-399-4604
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!