STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Lunch on the River
June 11 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
Starting Location: Mueller Road Soccer Field
Meeting time: 8:30 AM
Time of Departure: 9:00 AM
Description: A mostly flat ride of approximately 35 miles. We will ride through St. Charles County, pass Smartt Airport to the Grafton Ferry. We will take the ferry across the Mississippi River ($4.00/each way–cash only) to Grafton. In Illinois we will cycle through Elsah and return to Grafton for lunch on the outside patio of the Loading Dock Restaurant. After lunch take the ferry back to St. Charles County
N.B. The cue sheet title is “Fall Colors Ride” It is too early for fall colors, so only expect green trees.
- Take I-370 to Exit #5 to (north) New Town Blvd.
- Go 1 mile on New Town Blvd.
- Turn Right on Mueller Road.
- Go .4 miles to entrance of Mueller Road Soccer Park parking lot.
Cue Sheet: Lunch on the Mississippi
Experience Level: 3Aa–3Ab
Stops:Follow this link for information about the ferry, the Loading Dock Restaurant and things to do in Grafton
- BRING A MASK IN CASE ONE IS NEEDED WHEN NOT RIDING.
- OBEY APPROPRATE RESTRICTIONS PER CDC AND LOCAL GOVERNING BODIES.
- DO NOT ATTEND A RIDE IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE OR UNCOMFORTABLE OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO THE VIRUS.
Ride is canceled if raining at start time. Check the web site that morning if weather is uncertain.
Ride Leader: Larry Essmann, cell: 314-348-0388, Email: email@example.com
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!