STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Lewis and Clark Boathouse to Calhoun County, IL TIME CHANGE
October 16, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
TIME CHANGE Friday October 16 @ 8:00am – 2:00 pm
Starting Location: Lewis & Clark Boathouse, St. Charles
Meeting time: 7:40 am
Time of Departure: 8:00
Description: 58 mile ride across the Golden Eagle Ferry ($4:00 each way) includes a 36 mile loop in scenic Calhoun County. Lunch at AJ’s in Brussels, cash only. Rolling hills with a couple of steep climbs, 2,000+ feet total climbing.
Special Considerations during this time:
- Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Bring a mask to wear when requested
- Stay home if you feel ill or have been exposed to the Coronavirus.
Directions to Start:
- Take I-70 west into St. Charles County
- Exit #229B – 5th Street north for 0.2 mile
- Right on Boone’s Lick Road for 0.5 mile.
- Go straight at S. Main Street intersection.
- Bear slightly right & cross the Katy Trail then first right to South Parking lot.
- Park by the tree line.
Cue Sheet: Lewis & Clark Boathouse to Calhoun County
Experience Level: 4Cc
Food/rest/restroom stops: Mile 36 Brussels AJ’s Bar & Grill; otherwise limited.
Ride Leader: Granville White (314) 581-2458
Note: The ride is cancelled if there is rain at start time. Check both the weather forecast and the ride calendar for any updates on the morning of the ride.
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!