STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Hike–Shaw Nature Preserve
November 5, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Starting Location: Visitors’ Center at Entrance to Shaw’s Nature Reserve, Gray Summit, MO
Meeting time: 9:15 AM
Time of Departure: 9:30 AM
Description: We will hike some of the Reserve’s 17-mile trail system through a variety of habitats including prairie, glades, and woodlands along gravel roads and dirt paths down to the Meramec River and back for approximately 4 miles. Rest rooms available.
- I-44 west of I-270, Hwy-100/Gray Summit Exit #253
- Left on Hwy 100 over bridge
- Right on South Outer Rd / Old Hwy 100
- Left into Reserve.
Experience Level: Terrain is mostly easy to moderate with some steep portions
- Hiking poles and boots are recommended.
- Please bring a lunch and water in a day pack as we will stop to eat in route.
- $3 entrance fee for Seniors. Garden members admitted free. Bring your membership card.
- No dogs
- Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Bring mask to wear if requested
- Stay home if you feel ill or have been exposed to the Coronavirus.
Hike Leader: Claudia Spener 636-497-2563 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!