STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Glen Carbon Loop with Wilson Park Option
May 30 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
Starting Location: Miner Park, 192 S Main, Glen Carbon, Illinois
Meeting time: 8:30 am
Time of Departure: 9:00 am
Description: Ride Leader will distribute cue sheets for a new ride with an option for Wilson Park Mostly flat ride with option of 27 or 37 miles
- East on I-64 crossing the Mississippi River on the Poplar St. Bridge where I-55, I-44 and I-70 converge entering Illinois
After 3 miles
- Keep left to continue on I-55 for 6.6 miles
- Use right 2 lanes to take exit toward I-255N/I-270 continue for 4.5 miles
- Right on exit 29 for IL-162 toward Glen Carbon for
- Turn left onto IL-157 for 0.1 mile
- Turn right onto W. Main St. for 1 mile
- Turn left on Collinsville Rd continue for 0.2 miles to Miner Park (Go past the library parking lot into the Miner Park lot.)
- At the JB Bridge, head east on I-255 over the JB Bridge.
- Stay on I-255 to right on exit 29 toward Glen Carbon/Granite City.
- Turn right on Hwy 162 east.
- Turn left on Hwy 157.
- Turn right on Main Street.
- Turn left on Collinsville.
- Follow the road past the library into Miner Park. We park in the lot at the park not the library
Cue Sheet: Leader will distribute at ride start
Experience Level: 3Aab
Restrooms: Start of ride in Miner Park
Lunch: Wooden Nickel in Glen Carbon
Ride Leader: Claudia Spener, 636-497-2563
If you have any questions regarding this ride, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or refer to our members’ only area if you are a member of STLRC
Share This Event, Choose Your Platform!
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!