STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
CANCELLED – End of Season Ride – No Potluck
October 20 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Starting Location: Kirkwood Community Center
Meeting time: 15 minutes before the start of your ride.
Times of Departure:
- 9:00 am for the 40 mile ride Leader Joe Kruchowski 314-766-0646
- 9:15 for the 30 mile ride Leader Faye Holdenried 636-399-4604
- 9:30 for the 20 mile ride Leader Janis Thompson 314-541-6857
- 30 and 40 mile rides: These rides (rated 3Ba and 3Bb) will take you through Webster, River Des Peres, Carondelet Park, pass through historic Jefferson Barracks, Grants Trail and back to Kirkwood.
- The 20 mile ride begins at Kirkwood Community Center at Geyer and W. Argonne and proceeds to Grants Trail and return. Ride is short and easy with gradual inclines and is rated 2Ba and 2Bb.
. Social distancing of 6 ft.
. Bring mask to wear if requested
. Stay home if you feel ill or have been exposed to Coronavirus.
Following the rides: There will Not be a potluck to share food with each other. Feel free to make individual arrangements for lunch on your own with friends. Consider bringing a mask, chair, beverage and sandwich and joining other members at Kirkwood Park near Lions Pavilion across the creek and up from our parking area. Please use physical distancing. Alcohol is permitted but hard liquor and glass containers are not allowed. Please wear your mask when not eating or drinking. The pavilion has not been reserved. If it is not in use and you wish to sit there, please use physical distancing. Otherwise scatter around the grounds to be safe. Only attend if you feel comfortable doing this. RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP FOR 2021 ($10.00) AND SAVE MAILING AND POSTAGE.
- I-270 to Manchester Road.
- East on Manchester about 2 miles to Geyer Road.
- South on Geyer for 2.1 miles to Kirkwood Park/Community Center.
- Park behind the pool.
- Weather Considerations: The ride will be cancelled if: It’s raining at the start location at departing time or if a large weather front is moving in. We won’t start in the rain. Please watch the weather forecasts and radar. Check the website for any corrections or cancellations before you leave home. Contact ride leaders with questions.
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!