STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
(CANCELLED) Columbia to Smithton
May 28 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Starting Location: MarketPlace in Columbia, Illinois (Bring a mask to be able to go into Schnuck’s restrooms)
Time of Departure: 9:00AM
Description: Pleasant 45 or 48 mile ride to Smithton and back over Illinois back roads
Special Considerations during this time:
- USE PHYSICAL DISTANCING. THIS IS EXPECTED. MOST EXPERTS SUGGEST 6 FEET. MCT TRAILS REQUESTS 20 FEET.
- BRING A MASK AND USE IT IF THE GROUP FEELS IT’S NECESSARY.
- OBEY APPROPRIATE RESTRICTIONS PER CDC AND LOCAL GOVERNING BODIES FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.
- DO NOT ATTEND A RIDE IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE OR UNCOMFORTABLE OR IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO THE VIRUS.
- I-270/255 SE across the JB Bridge
- Exit Columbia/Hwy 3 south for 1.9 miles
- Right at Veterans Parkway@ McDonalds) for two blocks
- Left into the MarketPlace at Regions Bank. Check parking lot for STLRC riders.
Distance: Options for 45 or 48 miles
Experience: 4Cb – 4Cc
Rest stops in Waterloo and Smithton
Weather: Ride will be cancelled if it’s raining at start location at departure time.
Check website early morning for cancellation.
Contact ride leader if you have any questions about the weather or ride destination.
Ride Leader: Joe Kruchowski 314-766-0646
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!