STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Columbia to Smithton
April 30 @ 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
Starting Location: Schnucks Market Place Columbia, IL
Time of Departure: 8:00 AM
Description: Rolling ride through the back roads to visit Smithton, IL. Options for 42 to 47 miles. Ride length will be adjusted for rider comfort.
Special Considerations during this time:
- Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Bring mask to wear if requested
- Stay home if you feel ill or have been exposed to the Coronavirus.
- From I-55 and I-255 in South St. Louis County go 6.0 miles southeast across the Jefferson Barracks Bridge on I-255.
- Exit IL Hwy 3 South, go 2.2 miles and turn right on Veterans Parkway @ McDonald’s.
- Go 0.1 mile and turn left on Columbia Center just past Regions Bank.
- Turn right into the Schnucks MarketPlace parking lot.
Set your printers to print the cue sheet on both sides of the paper. Long return on the back side.
Experience Level: 4Bb – 4Bc
Stops: Rest/Food stop in Smithton at the Casey’s convenience store on Main St (Hwy 159) and Brevo St. Possible Millstadt rest stop on one return if needed.
Road Hazards: Bohleysville is rough.
Weather Considerations: The ride will be cancelled if: It’s raining or there is a high percentage prediction of rain or high winds. Please watch the weather forecasts and radar. Check the website for any corrections or cancellations before you leave home.
Ride Leader: Joe Kruchowski 314-766-0646
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!