STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
Columbia – Cherry St – Millstadt – Freeburg
July 9 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
Starting Location: Schnucks Market Place Columbia, IL
Time of Departure: 7:00AM
Description: Rolling ride through southern Illinois back roads with options for 44, 49, or 53 miles.
Special Considerations during this time:
- Social distancing of 6 ft.
- Bring mask to wear if requested
- Stay home if you feel ill or have been exposed to the Coronavirus.
- From I-55 and I-255 in South St. Louis County go 6.0 miles southeast across the Jefferson Barracks Bridge on I-255.
- Exit IL Hwy 3 South, go 2.2 miles and turn right on Veterans Parkway @ McDonald’s.
- Go 0.1 mile and turn left on Columbia Center just past Regions Bank.
- Turn right into the Schnucks MarketPlace parking lot.
- We usually park out away from the Bully’s restaurant and Pediatric Dentistry storefronts.
Cue Sheet: Columbia – Cherry – Millstadt – Freeburg
Experience Level: 4Cb & 4Cc
Stops: Restroom opportunity in Millstadt. Rest/Food stop in Freeburg at MotoMart.
Road Hazards: Temperatures are increasing so be sure to hydrate the day before. Bring electrolyte drinks and snacks along on the ride. Return route will be discussed in Freeburg.
Weather Considerations: The ride will be canceled and rescheduled if: It’s raining at the start location at departing time, if a large weather front is moving in, or if extremely high temperatures are forecasted. We won’t start in the rain. Please watch the weather forecasts and radar. Check the website for any corrections or cancellations before you leave home. Contact ride leader with questions.
Ride Leader: Joe Kruchowski 314-766-0646
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!