STLRC – Upcoming Rides and Events
November 14 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Participation in STLRC Rides & Hikes is at your own risk. STLRC assumes no liability.
All rides are free for St. Louis Recreational Cyclists members. Non-members must join by their second ride.
Starting Location: MEPRD parking Collinsville, IL
Meeting time: 9:45
Time of Departure: 10:00
Description: We will ride the newly opened tunnel on the School house trail to the Heritage trail to Marine with a road ride back to the School House Trail.
From I-255 South:
- Cross the JB Bridge on I-255, head North approx. 22.5 miles
- Take the Horseshoe Lake Road exit (exit #26).
- Turn Left (East) on Horseshoe Lake Road for 0.6 miles.
- Turn right on Freedom Drive, and then turn left, at the tee, on United Dr. (unmarked) to the Metro East Park and Recreation parking lot, directly behind Culver’s restaurant.
From I- 55 North/ I-70 East:
- exit at IL Route 157 (exit #11- Collinsville).
- North on Rt. 157 for 0.5 miles.
- Left on United Drive (the road just before Culver’s)
- Right into the Metro East Park and Recreation parking lot
Cue Sheet: CollinsvilleMarineTrail.Road.36 Leader will distribute day of the ride. If possible, contact leader prior to receive email cue: email@example.com.
All participants are expected to bring either the cue sheet, a cycling computer with the ride’s Navigation files and/or Smartphone with GPS link.
USB wire transfer Navigation .fit files: 36 mile .fit
For Smartphone RidewithGPS Transfer: RidewithGPS file for 36 mile route
Experience Level: Largely level terrain with moderate pace. All paces welcome, although we may not stay together as a group. Need to be self-supporting for navigation and tire repair.
Snack/restroom stop in Marine, park and gas station available.
Road Hazards: Possibly some traffic on the road portion
Ride Leader: Laura Gerren 314.201.6906 email firstname.lastname@example.org for cue sheet.
Share This Event, Choose Your Platform!
Ride Difficulty Key
View the STLRC ride difficulty key to see exactly how we categorize our bike rides.
Interested in our past rides?
View the STLRC Facebook group to see updates and photos from our past rides!
Want to plan your own ride?
Become a ride leader and learn what it takes to plan a STLRC bike ride!